The number of skilled welders has been in decline, so opportunities are always present and the need for skilled welding tradesmen on the increase.
Do you want to be a coded welder? It’s not a hard as you might think with the right training. You do not need to have a Cert III in metal fabrication. Welders are required to qualify to the appropriate standard and are tested for their ability to weld with a given process and in a nominated position.
There are many ways you can qualify, some easier than others and we can assist you with advice on the best qualification to suit your needs.
With a bit of practice and training the benefits of having a welder qualification certificate proves to a prospective employer that you can weld as well as you say you can.
Whether you’re looking for metro work or mine site work a welder qualification is an invaluable tool to help you land the right job.
QSM offers both individual welder training and shut down and labour hire welder proficiency testing. We pride ourselves on supplying the best service at an affordable price, and offer welder training and testing all under one roof in a fully operational workshop, something no other welder training business can offer.
MIG, TIG, MMAW(stick), FCAW, SAW- Carbon steel, Stainless steel Aluminium 1554, 2980, AWSd1.1, ASME IX, 3992, 1665, we can cater for most requirements.
PRICING SHEDULE (from 1-7-2018)
All Prices Exclude GST. This pricing schedule is indicative and subject to change.
- WELD PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT: Provision of Qualified Weld Procedures in accordance with the nominated specifications and codes. AS/NZS 1554, AS/NZS 3992, AS/NZS 2980, ASME IX, AWS D1.1 or client Specific. (POA)
- CLIENT SITE WELDER QUALIFICATION TESTING: Includes coupons, consumables, test results and report conducted at client nominated site AS/NZS 1554, AS/NZS 3992, AS/NZS 2980, ASME IX, AWS D1.1 (POA)
- QSM WELD CENTRE WELDER QUALIFICATION TESTING – (2 – 4 hours): Includes coupons, consumables, test results and report AS/NZS 1554, AS/NZS 3992, AS/NZS 2980, ASME IX, AWS D1.1 ($300.00)
- QSM WELD CENTRE Weekly Rate: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 14.30pm 4 sets of plates or pipes supplied per day bevelled to maximize welding time ($1000.00)
- QSM WELD CENTRE Full Day: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 14.30pm 4 sets of plates or pipes supplied bevelled to maximize welding time ($280.00)
- QSM WELD CENTRE Half day: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 12.30pm 2 sets of plates or pipes supplied per day bevelled to maximize welding time ($200.00)
Notes: All pricing is based on low carbon steel plate or equivalent only.
- For Stainless Steel extra fees may apply.
- Extra practice materials may be purchased at nominal rates.
1. Welders to supply long pants, steel cap boots and long sleeve shirts. All other PPE and tools supplied.
2. Induction and Grinder Safety must be conducted prior to any welding or testing (30mins)